Promoting your business is essential if you’re going to get the word out there and ensure that as many people as possible have heard of your business. You want the right people to see your business and know that it exists.
Here are 10 of the most effective ways you can promote your business today. Take a look and see which techniques you can incorporate into your marketing for the best results:
01. Social Media
Social media is a must in this day and age. It can be used to promote your business to the people who really want to see it, you just have to be smart. Here are some pointers to make sure you’re using social media correctly for your business:
- Make sure you’re posting at the right times for each platform. It varies from platform to platform.
- Make sure you’re using the platforms where you’ll find your target audience. You may not need every single social media platform.
- Only have as many social platforms as you can handle, as they must be updated regularly.
- Consider hiring a social media manager to keep things updated so you don’t have to take time away from your core practices.
- Ensure you have a consistent brand voice and that it aligns with the type of business you want to be and helps you to relate to your audience.
- Social media can be free for the most part, but it can also be worth paying for ads to make sure you get your products in front of the right people. You can target these ads to make sure they are going to be seen by people of the right age, gender, and so on.
02. Working with Influencers
Working with influencers is another fantastic way to get your product out there. Thousands upon thousands of people follow influencers, so you could be putting your product in front of them providing you pick the right people to work with. Here are some pointers to bear in mind:
- Some influencers will accept a free product, others will also want a payment.
- They are not obligated to promote your product. Many will only do it if they actually like it.
- Building strong relationships will get your business everywhere.
- Choosing influencers that match your brand and story is imperative.
03. Creating Content
Creating content that genuinely helps your audience will get you more shares and follows and help you to build your audience overall. Plus, sharing your knowledge in your industry will help you to build a reputation as an expert, which will put you in good stead in the long term. You could make videos, write blog posts, or even create infographics. Don’t just think about promoting your products, though. Think about what type of questions your audience will have and answer them.
04. Running Competitions
Competitions are an even better way to build your following and spread the word of your business, especially if you run them on Instagram or another social media platform. You can get people to share posts and this will put you in front of many other potential customers. Just make sure you follow any competition rules laid out by the site you intend on using so you don’t get into trouble.
05. Visiting Business Events
Business events can be found in every industry, and visiting them gives you a chance to promote what you do. You could even speak at this event to further share your knowledge and get your name out there. Wearing custom lanyards and having similar things in place will ensure that everybody knows who you are. Business events like this can be expensive to attend but the pay off is usually more than worth it.
Networking is a must, but you don’t just do it during business hours. You never know who you might meet. Network at the coffee shop. Network while shopping for office supplies. Be nice to everybody you meet and strike up a conversation! At the very least, you’ll get a great reputation.
07. A Great Website
Websites are still crucial for businesses today. They give your audience information about your business quickly, and help them to make the decision to work with you or not. Getting a professional to build your website is a must. The way it works and looks will make you look either more or less professional, so make sure you do your research!
Your website still needs to be optimized for the search engines too. Having a professional marketing company take care of this part means you don’t have to spend hours researching how to do it yourself online – and even then you can make many mistakes that put you back at the beginning. Businesses both big and small need a budget for SEO.
09. Create An App
Creating an app can make shopping with you far easier for your customers. It doesn’t even need to be shopping, just so long as the app makes it easier for them, and that it makes more sense than your mobile website. A professional app designer could put something together for you.
10. Ask For Reviews And Testimonials
Make sure you secure genuine reviews and testimonials for your business. There’s nothing quite like social proof to warm people up to working with you, so make sure you follow up with customers to ask them how their experience with you was.